Tuesday 13 October 2015

My Dubai :-)

This is my Dubai The Dubai I enjoy and the one I understand :-)
Gods shopping near the Shivs & Krishna Mandir temple, where Hindus and Sikh share the tiny space. I listened to my first Sikh prayers while surrounded by statues and photos of Lord Krishna, Ganesh, and other familiar Gods.
A touch of Persian Art on the Eastern bank of the "Persian" Gulf
Bastakiyya shaded markets, busy even at 8 am
Crossing the Creek in an Abra. A refreshing authentic experience that costs only 1 Dirham in the City of Gold.
Snorkeling while walking in Shandagha
Impressive restoration work to numerous traditional houses......
Delightful architectural and decorative details......heaven!!!
A reminder of a maritime culture that was the reason d'etre of Dubai
A SUPER spicy chicken Biriani cooked with love :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment