Sunday 22 October 2023

I miss you….I miss me

 



I have been silent these past few days. I wanted to send you millions of messages, but I did not. I wanted to ask you if you were following what was happening in and to Gaza, but I did not. The world is a scary place, I am full of rage, and I am sorry to tell you that a big part of my rage is directed towards you. They say that the world is coming to an end, but I wanted you to love me a bit more, to fight for me slightly stronger. I feel that I turned into someone I don’t even like. Pathetic and needy.

Maybe you were right, I had a surreal romantic perception of how love is. A compensation for all defeats, failures and disappointments. But this is not love. You pushed me away, and unleashed all the insecurities that I had cleverly covered for a number of decades, or that was what I thought. Now, I am really lost, lost between two worlds, and can’t return to or settle in neither of them. Give me my life back, before knowing you, before clinging to your love, before turning you into a god. If you cant do this, take me to the realm of love, yes that thing that you called “surreal” “illusion”, whatever….take me to this world, and don’t leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment