Thursday 4 January 2024

Kill the lover


 We must kill that lover, otherwise we won’t survive. The husband, the father, the friend, the employee and all the other mediocre ones came to this conclusion. Kill the lover… kill the lover… kill the lover, they chanted hysterically for hours till I became drained. I wished to warn him more than anything else but I could not, I could not scream or talk or even blink. They came closer, started shushing me, scratching me, one or two of them tried to tie me with something that looked like a human organ. A nightmare, I wish it was a nightmare, but it didn’t end. To my shock they all look r exactly like me, with the same old scare, the same exact features, I saw me, many times, but all of them were angry, frustrated and savage. I was never like this, these can’t be me. I’m the lover, this is my nature, the real me, I wanted to scream, to talk or even whisper, but they were suffocating me with their ugly presence. It became hot and damp, and I felt that I was going to faint, but I tried to resist and keep being awake, may be I can save the lover. Each one of them was stating something that for him and May be also for his audience seemed logical, but this wasn’t logical for me, it did not feel right. Kill the lover … kill the lover…. Their voices got louder and louder, I became dizzy, one of them pushed me, another one punched me, and another one slapped me. My glasses fell, they kept pushing me towards each other while chanting in the same hysterical way. I tried to gasp for a fresh breath, may be for the last breath. Let it be if all these versions of me created by and for others want to kill the lover, let them kill me. I’m the lover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment