Thursday 22 February 2024

Unconditional love

 

They lied about “unconstitutional love”. They told us it’s how parents, or at least some parents love their children. So unconditional love seemed like a biblical miracle, a Greek mythology or the testimony of real parenthood. But no, I discovered “unconditional love” through my love to you, it’s simpler than what they described, and unfortunately it’s less glamorous too. May be I don’t know how to describe it, or it’s one of those feelings which are ruined once you define them. What I am certain about is that I love you no matter what, I love you while I’m sure that we will never be together, and I m surrendering to this love more and more everyday.  Who would expect the sea to love him back, or the music to be his or the arts, the colors, the beauty. You are all these to me and more, you are happiness in its purest and most beautiful forms, and our paths crossed, shortly, but since then, I gave you all of my heart. You became the reason I keep going, struggle during the day because at the very end, at night before I sleep, I’ll close my eyes and tell you all what happened then whisper “I love you” before losing myself in the world of the “minor death”.  


You will neither believe nor understand me, but this is not our problem. Ironically you can’t do anything about the whole situation anymore, we met, we loved each other, in our own peculiar ways and then we left. That’s what you think, but no, the story didn’t end there, don’t worry, I won’t try to convince you of one of my metaphysical theories, but really, I did not leave. We are not together as far as people are concerned, but you are always with me, and I visit your thoughts every now and then, I am sure. May be you are too proud to admit that you miss me, may be you wanted more subtle feelings and simpler circumstances, I have to stop questioning and accept the whole thing. We met for a reason, and day after day I’m struggling to understand why, but your love is taming me, teaching me empathy and many other values, your love is creating a new version of me! May be I got some of your wisdom, or I just totally lost it, like those whirling dervishes who  knew that love is the only path, the only prayer and the only answer, as long as it is unconditional love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment