Thursday 28 September 2023

You said

 


"You love me in a romantic way, this is not reality". This is what you said firmly and without any hesitation. My silence was the answer. Your smile was cruel, and you paused to provoke me more. I said "no...no" I repeated it many many times, and you did not seem to care. Why are you torturing me again?
You said your love was not that overwhelming. Did you say "love"? or this is what I imagined. Ah, you corrected me afterwards and said that the feelings that were developing were not overwhelming. "the feelings that were developing" doesn't this mean love? Are we stirring a philosophical or a linguistic debate? Shocked by what I am hearing, I kept stuttering, all my lame attempts to say something funny failed.

"I will say something that you will not like..."I nodded automatically and you continued with the same tone, "I successfully overcame those feelings that I had for you a while ago, now I feel that I'm on the right track of dealing with you as a friend".  May be I gasped, but apparently I looked miserable, or even pathetic. "Friends...." I murmured before laughing hysterically, then I asked, "how did you do it?"
"What do you want?"
I replied quickly, "nothing, nothing at all.......no.....i want.....forget it".

No comments:

Post a Comment