Saturday 23 March 2024

Words

 

I can’t start a war with the words. These versatile little creatures which are supposed to save me from obliteration. It’s not about me, our love story is the only thing that should be remembered of my journey, yet words do not help. I hear the echoes of the shallow meanings they reflect, annoyed and shocked by their limitations. What happened to them, when did words fail in reflecting love with all its faces, phases and moods. 


I can’t stop tweeting these words till they reveal all the pain, happiness and everything in between. Silence isn’t the answer, silence is death, and I am not dead yet, dying? Yes, this is something I can’t deny, but as long as I am not dead yet, I will keep talking about our love. That surreal happiness deserves to be remembered, these magical memories should outlive me.  Is this sheer sadness that took every meaning out of my world, or did I drain my words without noticing how love drained me of every drop of life? Anyway the words failed me before, when I needed them the most, when I tried to convince you that our love deserves a chance.  


I wonder how are you now? I am sure that your world did not fall apart, Elhamdolella, but how are you? Content with your wise decisions? Do you regret meeting me or do you regret putting an end to our budding love? Am I part of your memories or have you wiped me totally from your life? All these questions will be oppressed when we meet, I will put on a mask, speak about general things and won’t forget to include a joke or two. We will meet as two strangers, as if we were not the whole world when we were together. Now, all what I have is a desert of barren words that add to my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment